CASTLEWAY PRIMARY SCHOOL (YEAR 5 and 6)
One of our very first schools for Thumbs Up, and as always the children were as fun and excuberant as always. The school is under the new leadership of a fabulous new Head - Mr Mycroft, and the school is just a joy to visit:-
- 'I have never been able to talk to anyone like I can talk to Thumbs Up'
- 'Thank you so much for coming to work with us'
- 'My day is a 10 out of 10 when I know Thumbs Up is coming in'
DAWPOOL C OF E PRIMARY SCHOOL (YEAR 5)
As always we are so lucky to work with Dawpool, such a lovely school full of amazing children - and staff. Thank you for all the hard work you did and it's great to know how much it helped you:-
- 'It helped me to feel more confident'
- 'I feel braver'
- 'I will be using the pause button'
- 'It will help me to be more resilient'
- 'I will be showing empathy and feeling less stressed'
- 'I know now how to be a good friend'
- 'The sleep strategies really helped me'
- 'I loved the superpowers activity'
Please see our 'gallery' page for some fabulous photos of the work the Dawpool children have done for our 'superhero' topi
POULTON LANCELYN PRIMARY SCHOOL (YEAR 4)
With six wonderful sessions with two fabulous year 4 classes, there were lots of fabulous comments, and we had some of our own to share with them too! Thank you everyone:-
- 'I just loved everything'
- 'I like someone coming into school to teach us to be kind'
- 'I liked Cath singing!'
- 'I enjoyed everything, but it was great to learn about managing anger'
- 'I loved learning about how my neurons work'
- 'Can we have more sessions?!'
- 'I liked that you sorted problems out for us, that sometimes we can't tell others'
- 'The sessions helped me to stop stressing, thank you'
- 'Thank you for teaching me how to stay calm'
- 'I feel that you have helped me to smile and talk about my feelings'
you for helping me to smile and to talk about my feelings'
- 'I loved learning about mindfulness'
you for teaching me life long lessons that I will not forget'
loved learning about the pause button and kindness'
And a lovely comment from one of the year 4 teachers, Mrs Higgins-Carter - 'as always it’s been a joy to have you both here, you positivity is infectious,
see you next time'
From Thumbs Up - thank you Mrs Higgins-Carter
Please see our 'gallery' page for some fabulous photos of the work the Poulton Lancelyn children have done for our 'superhero' topic
On the launch of our new programme - Key Stage 2 Emotional Growth programme, we asked the Deputy Head at Rock Ferry Primary School for comment towards the work we have done with the present year 6, whom we have been working with since year 3:-
words from the Deputy Head - Corinne Drysdale at Rock Ferry Primary School:-
"The amazing ladies from Thumbs Up have worked
with our Y6s for four years now, including some intensive support during both
lockdowns. This was through virtual sessions as well as in-person
sessions. The positive impact of this work, year on year, has been
remarked on by new teachers. The children regularly use terms
such as "pause buttons" and can call upon several strategies e.g. to
help them in a fall out or if they have difficulty sleeping. This year group
have had many struggles, as have all children, however the involvement of
Thumbs Up has undoubtedly really paved the way in helping them become
well-rounded and resilient young people."